About the Go Research! Tutorial
This self-paced tutorial will teach you effective research skills. After working through each section, complete the Putting It All Together quiz to assess what you've learned and earn your Go Research! certificate.
How to Navigate Go Research!
Begin this tutorial with the Getting Started module. After taking the Getting Started quiz to assess what you already know, you will be automatically directed to the answers. From there you will use the blue arrow to proceed to the next module. Repeat these steps as you work your way through each module and its answers untill you get to the final module, Putting It All Together. After completing the final module, you will earn your Go Research! certification of completion.
To advance to the next module, click the right arrow.
To go back to the previous module, click the left arrow.
To return to this screen at any time, click the HOME icon.
Does this help?
What Will You Learn?
Welcome to Go Research!
A self-paced interactive tutorial for students interested in learning basic research skills. After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Identify scholarly journals and select the best information resources to answer your research question;
- Construct search strategies using keywords, connectors, quotation marks and more;
- Refine search results by resource type, publication date, and more;
- Find full text journal articles and request articles and books; and
- Understand plagiarism and use APA style.
What Do You Already Know? - Quiz!
This activity will help you assess what you already know about how to use the CMU Libraries' online resources for doing research on your topic. Good luck and have fun!