Cost of Service - Now FREE!
Documents on Demand will pay the cost of shipping books and photocopies of articles to you. We will also include one free FedEx return shipping label for you to use to return your books. If you decide to not ship your books back all in one package, you will need to pay for return shipping for the remaining items. This FedEx free return shipping program is available in all 50 states. Any photocopies or electronic documents you receive are yours to keep.
DoD Return Address
Need help in finding materials on research topic?
For research assistance, contact a GCLS Librarian.
Documents on Demand
CMU Libraries' Documents on Demand is where Global Campus students and faculty go to request copies of articles, books, and other materials needed for research. You can request materials from the CMU Libraries collections and from the collections of other libraries as well.
Information needed when requesting - Articles
When requesting journal articles include the following information.
- Journal or Source
- Volume and Issue numbers
- Publication Date
- Inclusive Pages
- Author (1st author only is needed)
- Article Title
If you do not have all of the information above, please include what you do have so that we can get you the correct article.
Information needed when requesting Books
When requesting books Documents on Demand needs the following information.
- Book Title
- Author or Editor
- Publication Date or Edition
- Publisher (if known)
* If you do not have all the information listed, include as much as you can to insure that the corrent book is sent to you.
** Make sure your mailing address is correct in your On Demand (ILLiad) account. Leave a note in the notes field of the request form as to where you want it sent.
*** If you want Documents on Demand to obtain a book from another library for you, this will increase the time it takes for the book to get to you. Write "Please ILL" in the notes field on the request form.
Book Loan Period for CMU Owned Books
CMU Library owned material check out periods depends on Patron Status.
- Undergraduate students Coninental U.S. -- 30 days
- Undergraduate students - Canada --42 days
- Graduate students -- 60 days
- Faculty/Staff -- 184 days
** Books obtained from other libraries due dates are set by the lending library.
How do I renew my books?
If the book has a white book band around the front cover:
- Login to My Centra at: https://secure.catalog.lib.cmich.edu/patroninfo~S0
- Locate the item(s) you wish to renew in your list.
- Check the box next to the title(s) you want to renew.
- Click on the “Renew Selected” button.
If the item has a pink book band around the front cover:
- Login to your On Demand Account (ILLiad): https://illiad.cmich.edu/
- Under “View” on the left menu, select Items Checked Out.
- Select the title(s) you wish to renew and click submit.
Find a Specific Article
Documents on Demand
Central Michigan University Libraries
212 Park Library
250 E. Preston
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Phone: 989-774-3022 or (800) 274-3838
Fax: 989-774-4499 or (877) 329-6257
Service Desk: 212 Park Library - Second floor
How to Request Material
- By telephone: (800) 274-3838 or 989-774-3022
- By email: email@example.com
- By fax: (877) 329-6257
Personal Information needed when requesting
Documents on Demand needs the following information about you if you are requesting your material outside of your On Demand Account (ILLiad).
- Last name, first name, middle initial
- CMU Global ID - 1st half of your CMU email address
- Mailing address
- CMU email address
- Phone number
- Status (graduate, undergraduate, faculty, or staff)
- Not needed after date (i.e. receiving the item after this date will be too late)
How long will it take to receive my materials?
- If your material is available in the CMU Library, Documents on Demand will send it as soon as possible.
- If the requested journal article is not available in the CMU Libraries collection, they will try to get it from another library. The length of time it takes to obtain articles from another library varies. Usually it is obtained within one week.
- Books are not automatically obtained from another library. Write "Please ILL" in the notefield of the request form if you would like Documents on Demand to do this. Getting a book from another library increases the amount of time it takes for you to receive the book, usually by two to three weeks.