Who Can Use MeLCat
Global campus patrons should request the books and other materials that they need through their On Demand Account (ILLiad). We will ship to you materials from the CMU collections or we will get what you need from other libraries.
Global campus patrons who are Michigan residents and who are interested in using MeLCat in their area could check with their local public library about using MeLCat services.
Global campus patrons who are out of state could check with the libraries in their area to see if there is a similar library sharing service that they can use.
Note: All CMU affiliated patrons can also order books, theses, audio-visual materials, and more through Document on Demand's Interlibrary Loan service and the On Demand Account (ILLiad). Items will be shipped to our Global Campus patrons.
What is MeLCat?
MeLCat is Michigan's statewide union catalog and resource sharing project, designed especially for Michigan residents.
- Borrow books, audiobooks, music, movies and more!
- Over 400 Michigan libraries participate.
- MeLCat is fast and economical.
How to Use MeLCat
You can get to the MeLCat search page directly or use it inside your ILLiad Request Account to make your MeLCat requests.
- Go directly to MeLCat to search for the item.
- If you find an item you want, click Get this for me! to order it.
- Look for Which library card/account do you want to use?
- Choose "Central Michigan Univ" from the drop down arrow.
- Click "Submit above information"
- Login with your global ID and password.
- Log in to your On Demand Account (ILLiad).
- Look for New Request in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click Book and use the MeLCat search box that appears. Follow steps 2 - 7 above.
- If you cannot find the book you want in MeLCat, scroll down the page and then Click to Continue with ILLiad Book Request.
Your item will arrive at the Document on Demand office. You will receive an email when it arrives. You can pick it up at our Documents on Demand service desk, 212 Park Library, during our business hours, or at the main circulation desk, 2nd floor Park Library, during all other hours that the library is open.
Documents on Demand
Central Michigan University Libraries
212 Park Library
250 E. Preston
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Phone: 989-774-3022 or (800) 274-3838
Fax: 989-774-4499 or (877) 329-6257
Service Desk: 212 Park Library - Second floor