Contact the CMU Libraries
Selected Web Resources
- Bi.org - "A web portal for the bisexual community."
- Bisexual.org - "Bisexual.org is a project meant to introduce our community to the world. With this site, we hope to give a voice to the bisexual community, share accurate information, answer questions, and provide resources to learn more."
- Buddybuddy - Partners Task Force for Gay & Lesbian Couples: An International Resource for Same-sex Couples. "All families deserve equal treatment. Partners Task Force supports the diverse community of committed gay and lesbian partners through a variety of media. This Web site contains more than 400 essays, surveys, legal articles, and resources on legal marriage, ceremonies, domestic partner benefits, relationship tips, parenting, and immigration."
- Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere - "COLAGE unites people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer parents into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities."
- Family Equality Council - "Family Equality Council connects, supports, and represents the three million parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender in this country and their six million children. We are changing attitudes and policies to ensure that all families are respected, loved, and celebrated—including families with parents who are LGBT."
- Family Q - "ihi proudly offers family Q, a ground-breaking support program of free workshops and counseling for LGBTQ parents and prospective parents."
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) - "GLAAD is leading the conversation for LGBT equality, and changing the culture. As the LGBT movement's communications epicenter, GLAAD is the principal organization that works directly with news media, entertainment media, cultural institutions and social media."
- Gay Parent Magazine - "Gay Parent magazine is the longest running, nationally distributed publication dedicated to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender parenting (LGBT)."
- GayZoo - Modeled after Yahoo, Gayzoo is a search engine for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Internet community.
- Lesbian.org - "For many years the site provided a comprehensive list of web links and also hosted discussion lists and web sites for lesbian-oriented non-profits. The site also sponsored a lesbian literary journal called Sapphic Ink."
- Prospective Queer Parents - "The purpose of the Prospective Queer Parents organization is to provide a forum for the exchange of information and a social gathering space for queer (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, etc.) people who are interested in child raising and parenting."