Publications by disciplines
- San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA) initiated by the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) together with a group of editors and publishers of scholarly journals, . . . A number of themes run through these recommendations: -‐ the need to eliminate the use of journal-based metrics, such as Journal Impact factors, in funding, appointment, and promotion considerations;-‐ the need to assess research on its own merits rather than on the basis of the journal in which the research is published; . . .
- Gagliardi, A. R., Umoquit, M., Webster, F., & Dobrow, M. (2014). Qualitative research publication rates in top-ranked nursing journals: 2002-2011. Nursing Research, 63(3), 221-227.
Predatory Publishers and Journals
- Controversial website that lists ‘predatory’ publishers shuts down
- Colin Firth the neuroscientist? Real-life role reveals ethical dilemma in science
- Aust N Z J. Fields of interest and influence: A new method for sourcing and ranking journals in psychiatry. Psychiatry August 2011 vol. 45 no. 8 614-618
- Baum, J. A. C. (2011). Free-riding on power laws: Questioning the validity of the impact factor as a measure of research quality in organization studies. Organization, 18(4), 449-466.
- Everett, J. E., & Pecotich, A. (1993). Citation analysis mapping of journals in applied and clinical psychology. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 23(9), 750-766.
- Hodge, D. R., & Lacasse, J. R. (2011). Ranking disciplinary journals with the google scholar H-index: A new tool for constructing cases for tenure, promotion, and other professional decisions. Journal of Social Work Education, 47(3), 579-596.
- Journal metrics: what's in a number?. Nat Cell Biol 19, 875 (2017). https://doi-org.cmich.idm.oclc.org/10.1038/ncb3589
- Larivière, V., Kiermer, V., MacCallum, C. J., McNutt, M., Patterson, M., Pulverer, B., Swaminathan, S., Taylor, S., & Curry, S. (2016). A simple proposal for the publication of journal citation distributions. doi:10.1101/062109.
- Huw Morris, Charles Harvey, Aidan Kelly, (2009) "Journal rankings and the ABS Journal Quality Guide", Management Decision, Vol. 47 Iss: 9, pp.1441 - 1451
- Pendleberry, D. A. (2009). The use and misuse of journal metrics and other citation indicators. Archivum Immunologiae et Therapiae Experimentalis, 57(1), 1-11. doi:10.1007/s00005-009-0008-y
- Karen A. Sullivan, Joseph J. Ryan. Essential Books and Journals in Clinical Neuropsychology: An Australian Perspective, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology Vol. 26, Iss. 2, 2004
- Rowlinson, M., Harvey, C., Kelly, A., & Morris, H. (2011). The use and abuse of journal quality lists. Organization, 18(4), 443-446.