The purpose of this course is to prepare the students for planning and conducting educational research. Students will develop competencies in research theories and practice the implementation of these theories. Upon completion of this coure, students will be able to:
1. Describe the role of the scientific method in solving problems.
2. Differentiate between the various types of educational research.
3. Develop and apply the principles of a well stated and a reasoned research problem.
4. Discover and utilize various methods of reviewing related literature in the field of inquiry.
5. Explore educational research designs and instruments to appreciate their strengths and weaknesses.
6. Acquire information on sampling to include sample size, sampling errors, generalizations, and other
7. Compute elementary statistical problems.
8. Identify ways to display results of an educational research problem.
9. Select the appropriate input for conclusions and implications.
10. Critique research performed by others in terms of understanding, style, and content.